Monday, November 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

In the eternity since I last posted, we have gone from this chaotic mess:





...to this calm new home:



Sorry for the pictures, our camera is currently MIA after the move, and my phone will have to do. I think the lack of towering boxes at least gets the point across! We are so thankful that the packing and moving experience is over with and thanks to so much help from our AMAZING friends and family we have been able to quickly settle in. Actually Joshua has attacked the experience of home ownership with a passion that is (while not totally surprising) very overwhelming. I woke up yesterday afternoon after work to find that he had spent the weekend completely organizing our two (TWO!!) storage rooms, the linen closet and the office area downstairs. He had also patched up a hole in the brick living room wall, fixed a bunch of things related to the heater and humidifier that sort of made glaze over when he tried to explain them, and he had scrubbed down the kitchen.

Before we moved, I made a big deal about getting ready for the baby, keeping things clean, and the biological drive to nest (I was whining a little ok), but I'll be honest - Joshua's intensity to make and keep this place nice has so far exceeded my own. And I can't even describe how great it was to wake up after 3 nights of work, including a 13 hour daylight savings shift, and find out how much he had done.

Then last night we went to Babies R Us to attempt fixing up our registry and it was at that point, surrounded by brightly colored plastic baby crap, that we both sort of felt like we needed a drink and we had worked way too hard over the weekend. He got to hang out on the couch with some whiskey, I "enjoyed" my lemon water and started a Countdown to Wine calendar, which ends promptly on my due date with this baby getting an eviction notice.

Watch, I am going to be so overdue. Anyways more pictures of the new place, more baby updates, and more blogging coming very soon!

Soon-ish.




2 comments:

  1. Dude! I didn't know the family had a blog. I'm subscribing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy we are neighbors once again!!

    ReplyDelete